As we begin to reopen our campus, we are re-opening our Sanctuary to in-person worship on Sunday mornings. Because County Health restrictions remain in force, the following stipulations will remain in place until further notice.
- Sanctuary attendance will necessarily be capped at 50% (100 persons). While we do not anticipate that this will be burdensome, please be aware that there is a hard attendance cap in place.
- Worshippers are required to don a face covering / mask prior to entering the Sanctuary and remain masked throughout the duration of the service. Masks are available for those who need them.
- Worshippers are encouraged to speak/sing-along ‘quietly’ to the words and songs of the worship service, so as to minimize exhaled droplets and aerosols.
- The first two rows of pews in the Sanctuary will be ‘closed’ to seating, so as to ensure significant physical distance between worship leaders and worshippers.
- Our worship leaders will be unmasked. Per State Guidelines, our instrumental musicians, vocalists, readers and preachers may be unmasked, as they are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are expected to maintain social distance from others while performing.
- The size of our worship teams and choirs will be limited, so as to allow significant physical distance between worship team members.
- Sanctuary doors and windows will remain fully open, so as to ensure adequate ventilation of our worship space while the building is occupied.
- Holy Communion will be shared only on the 3rd Sunday of the month — following the completion of the worship service.
- Our weekly worship services are also live-streamed via Facebook @HLSCOrinda and posted on the church website for those who do not feel able to return to a community worship setting at this time.